Rich Dad Poor Dad has become a staple for anyone who wants to have good financial knowledge. Here are 16 Robert Kiyosaki Quotes to handle your finances better.
Oftentimes when I hear the word “financial literacy” I think of Robert Kiyosaki’s groundbreaking book- Rich Dad Poor Dad. It was the book that changed my perspective about handling money. It’s a great book to start when you’re just starting out on your financial journey. It’s actually the top of the list when you google the best financial books of all time.
Robert Kiyosaki, the acclaimed author of the book, has had his ups and downs when it comes to business, and finance. That did not stop him, however, and he pushed through the challenges to establish his own company, and published one of the most renowned finance books of all time.
In this article, we’ll look at Rich Dad Poor Dad quotes from the master himself: Robert Kiyosaki. We’ll also talk about Robert Kiyosaki quotes about money, and motivational quotes. Your journey to financial literacy starts here, read on!
4 Robert Kiyosaki Quotes About Money
Source: Alexander Mils (pexels)
Robert Kiyosaki’s books repeat the importance of having a good philosophy regarding money. This is also one of the main points of his popular book Rich Dad Poor Dad. Robert Kiyosaki further emphasized the importance of educating ourselves about financial matters as these are typically not taught in most schools.
These are Robert Kiyosaki Quotes About Money to help you be better at handling your finances.
#1 “If you want to be rich, you need to develop your vision. You must be standing on the edge of time gazing into the future.”
- When we know what we want, and we have a clear vision of it, we can make necessary adjustments in order to achieve that vision. A simple example would be this: you crave ice cream, you think about how you can get ice cream, you prepare your money, prepare your drive, etc. for your ice cream.
#2 “Change your focus, from making money to serving more people.”
- When we focus too much on making money, we sometimes lose track of what we want to do. Think first of how to best serve more people, and surely success will come naturally afterward. Jeff Bezos, for example, wanted people to have easier access to books (as he was an avid reader as well), so he started Amazon. The rest is history.
#3 “Never say you cannot afford something. That is a poor man’s attitude. Ask HOW to afford it.”
- The right mentality is crucial in acquiring wealth. So don’t say that you can’t afford something, but think of how you can afford it. It’s the same as telling yourself you’ll acquire a certain amount of assets by a certain age. Don’t think that you won’t be able to do it, rather think of HOW you can achieve it (i.e. investing, etc.)
#4 “Often, the more money you make the more money you spend; that’s why more money doesn’t make you rich – assets make you rich.”
- This is at the very core of Rich Dad Poor Dad. It’s not about how much money you have, but rather how much money you invest. Inflation will beat stagnant money, but investing it will allow money to grow over time, allowing it to beat inflation. Invest, for example, in real estate (highly recommended by Kiyosaki), as it will appreciate over time.
4 Robert Kiyosaki Quotes on Investment
Source: Maxim Hopman (unsplash)
The rich invest their money, and spend what’s left. The poor spend their money, and invest what’s left.
That’s the philosophy of Robert Kiyosaki regarding investing. Invest while young so your money will be compounded. Invest as much as you can, ‘cause afterall, what’s a huge paycheck if your money will be beaten by inflation.
#1 “To live a life dictated by the size of a paycheck is not real living”
- Everyone in this day and age wants a job that pays handsomely (and who wouldn’t!). But to always run after such a thing is a life not well spent. Economies will fluctuate, and surely the value of money moves along with it.
#2 “The person becomes attached to the vehicle and then fails to see all the other investment vehicles and procedures available.”
- When we become too attached to something, we sometimes lose sight of other options. A simple example of this would be choosing a certain brand (Brand A) over the other (Brand B) because we’ve gotten too used to Brand A, even if Brand B seems better in comparison.
#3 “There are no bad business and investment opportunities, but there are bad entrepreneurs and investors.”
- Some businesses will thrive, some will fail at the get go. One main difference is that the businesses that thrive have people behind them that are driven, confident, have good instincts, and have a clear vision in mind. This applies to investments as well. There are many investment opportunities, it’s up to the investor to be smart about what investments he or she takes.
#4 “If you are the kind of person who is waiting for the ‘right’ thing to happen, you might wait for a long time. It’s like waiting for all the traffic lights to be green for five miles before starting the trip.”
- The traffic lights metaphor is a perfect example of wanting everything to be perfect first before acting upon something. But the thing is, it does not always go the way we want. If we want everything to be perfect first before acting upon something, then there’s a huge possibility that we won’t do it. This can be applied in investing as well.
5 Robert Kiyosaki Motivational Quotes
Robert Kiyosaki’s books helped pave the way for some people to start their financial literacy, and investing (real estate, hedge funds, etc.) journeys. It’s a matter of having the right mindset, drive, and motivation. Surely with these, anyone can successfully achieve their dreams.
Hopefully you too will be inspired by Robert Kiyosaki Motivation Quotes.
#1 “The fear of being different prevents most people from seeking new ways to solve their problems.”
- We all want to fit in the crowd in fear of being mocked. The thing with this is that we sometimes let other people do our thinking for us. This guru recommended this, that one, recommended that, but are they actually good- that is the question. Someone may have a good track record when it comes to investing, but to let this person dictate your investing journey is not the way to go.
#2 “If you want to go somewhere, it is best to find someone who has already been there.”
- Find a mentor. Find a mentor who is knowledgeable about that thing you wanted to pursue. And since they’re knowledgeable, they can teach you the do’s and don’ts, and even the risks, and problems you’ll encounter.
#3 “The only difference between a rich person and poor person is how they use their time.”
- A “rich” person spends their time either learning about something/upskilling, investing, and spending time in their business.
#4 “Complaining about your current position in life is worthless. Have a spine and do something about it instead.”
- Complaining benefits no one, and you’ll only stress yourself out. So instead of moaning about something, have the, excuse my language, balls to do something about it. Your landlord raised the rent? Move out, and find another place instead of complaining about it.
#5 “Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.”
- If we don’t want to fail, we’ll always think of ways to NOT fail. But if we’re not afraid of failure, we’ll think of ways of HOW TO WIN. Focus more on your end goal.
3 Robert Kiyosaki Quotes About Education
Source: MD Duran (unsplash)
Education is one of the most important things in life. Robert Kiyosaki is also a firm believer of this principle. He believes that educating yourself early will lead to success at a later time. Learn, make mistakes and learn from it, and eventually apply it.
#1 “The trouble with school is they give you the answer, then they give you the exam. That’s not life.”
- Quote Forrest Gump “Life is like a box of chocolates. You’ll never know what you’re gonna get.”. Schools give the students the answers in a silver platter, but life is not like that. It won’t warn you about you suddenly getting cancer, or even a catastrophic pandemic.
#2 “In the real world, the smartest people are people who make mistakes and learn. In school, the smartest don’t make mistakes.”
- Smart people easily adapt to their environments, and learn from their mistakes. Schools glorify the ones who don’t make mistakes (i.e. for tests).
#3 “When you are young, work to learn, not to earn.”
- Kiyosaki is an advocate of educating yourself about things in order to succeed in life. When you’re young, it is best to invest your time learning about things (e.g. how to make an app), so you can pluck the fruits of your labor in a future date (e.g. sell your very first app).
Robert Kiyosaki is a businessman, investor, and famous author of the highly-acclaimed book Rich Dad Poor Dad. His words of wisdom have ignited the flame inside most people to start their investment and financial journeys. Afterall, we can all get the mindset that rich people have. It’s only a matter of educating ourselves, and working hard to achieve what we want.
Hopefully you were able to learn a thing or two from our article! If you want more, we recommend the following: